IGNORED

A Shout out for a GOOD local Dealer

craigatcsi

With all of the dealer bashing on the Web, I thought I would post a positive experience.

I took my 07 Venture to Dillon Bros here in Omaha to get WWW tires this past Monday. They called me yesterday and told me the rear pads were very close & asked if I wanted them changed. Of course I told them to go ahead. This frustrated me because last time I had it there, 8k miles ago, they changed the rear pads.

When I went to pick the bike up last night, I had them check their records and told them about them changing the pads last time. I thought maybe I was remembering wrong and they had changed the front. So, he checked his records and yes they did change the rear pads.

I told him I don't understand how they could wear so fast, as 90% of my riding in highway AND I very seldom touch the rear brake, I almost always use the front. From looking at the pads, they obviously weren't dragging. So, neither of us had any idea what happened.

So, while I was paying for the bill up front, he came from the service dept, and asked if I had already paid, which I had. He then gave me basically the cost of the brake job off my next service with them.

I'm guessing that he was just going to write off this brake job, but since I had just paid, it was too late.

I consider this very fair and something that I didn't expect.

This will keep me coming back to them.

craigr

So, while I was paying for the bill up front, he came from the service dept,

My guess is he went back to the service dept and inquired if the mechanic took the time to pull up your account to see what was actually done in the past on your bike..... and when the tech said he did not, then he came back out front and said he would give you the price of the brake job off your next visit..

I would have asked him for the same amount off in some CHROME accessories right then..:sign just kidding: