IGNORED

need some carburetor help

hello everyone, I have a problem with my 2000 venture. I just got the bike a few weeks ago. It was running ok but not perfect. and so i pulled off the carburetors and cleaned all the jets which were clean. i ran seafoam through it for 2 tanks. i found 2 slider diaphrams with holes in them. so i replaced them and put the bike all back together and now it is backfiring out of right side exhaust pipe. i had a problem with the right front pipe cold at idle. so i pulled the carbs back off and checked them again and all looks to me ok. so i tried to sync the carbs and i can sync 3 of the four. i am using a carbtune sync tool and the right front carb has full vacuum all the time. i can adjust the left side and right rear cylinder. i am not sure why i have full vacuum all the time. i drove the bike today and it runs great full power (surprised me on how much power the bike has) but if you start the bike and crack the throttle alittle. it will pop and backfire out the right tail pipe. but im at a lose here and not real familiar with multi carb bikes. my other bike is fuel injected. any help would be appriciated. thanks mike

ok, i finally got the carburetors synced. it runs awsome now. like a new bike.

i do have one other issue with the bike and i think that is all that is wrong with it. when i ride it i hear a sh sh sh noise coming from around the final drive. any ideas?

thanks for all your help.

Could just be the brake pads on the disc.. I heard that before and could only pin point it but rolling along and shutting off the bike.. all I could hear was the sh sh sh.. usually the rear inside brake pad as it always has some slight amount of contact with the brake disc, hence why it wears out twice as fast as the outside pad.

ok, i finally got the carburetors synced. it runs awsome now. like a new bike.

i do have one other issue with the bike and i think that is all that is wrong with it. when i ride it i hear a sh sh sh noise coming from around the final drive. any ideas?

thanks for all your help.

Russel, it sounds dumb but I had the exact same noise in my 99 and turns out I only had 20lbs of air in the rear tire. Put air in and the noise went away.:doh: