IGNORED

dumped the "lizard" and Progressive

wes0778

I hope y'all are not gonna tell me I screwed up!!!

Anyway my home owner's insurance came up for renewal and I went shopping. My Allstate agent said he could not write Allstate for our double wide, but quoted me American Modern Insurance Group. Sure enough they beat Foremost (which I've had for years). He told me they also wrote M/C insurance. He did quote me Allstate on the scoots, but it was ridiculously high. Long story short, yearly premium for full coverage for BOTH scoots was $620.00. That's not each that's both!

Renewal with each was $436.00 with Geico on the RSTC and $425.00 with Progressive on the RSV.

Hope they AMIG is a good company!!!

wow, I just did the insurance thing today too...after 3 hours on the phone (I hate that:crying:) I finally switched my motorcycles to progressive. I was paying $340 for 6 months through USAA on my 02 Vstar (full coverage). Now I'm paying $360 for the YEAR for BOTH bikes for full coverage...I'm not sure if they screwed up, but it sounds good to me! I'm in CO, so that might make a difference???

I dumped Progressive a couple of months ago. I bought a new (used) bike and they went up to $800 a year! I shopped around and Farm Bureau quoted me half that. It seems like every ins. co. I go with is cheap up front, then they stick it to you the next year.

American Modern Insurance Group are (A+) rated. Been doing business since 1965, have a million plus homes insured. In the 90% of people who say they will

renew with them and would recommend them to someone else. Looks like you picked a winner to me. :thumbsup2:

I know recently when I was shopping Ins. I kept getting reminded that I live in the "Sunshine State" (FL) and I have to pay for that sunshine and the option of having a year round riding season. Although neither the wife or I have had a ticket or accident (reported) in over ten years.

:2cents:

I shop around every year. I was with Allstate for years, and they insured everything I owned. I had a very good personal relationship with them, and really hated to drop them, but my agent told me that it was business, and should be viewed as such. She told me to just make sure that the coverage was comparable, and that the new company had a good track record. Ended up switching the house, the rental and the trucks to Farm Bureau, the bikes to Safeco, and leaving the boat with Allstate. I'm pretty happy with the premiums, coverage and deductibles on all. I won't hesitate to switch when renewal time gets here if I can find a better deal, though.

I don't have any experience with the company you switched to, but since the regulations are so strict on insurance companies, I'd guess that you'll be fine. Just remember to shop around when the time comes to renew. It's a big hassle, but it could save you several hundred dollars a year.

Guest scarylarry
I dumped Progressive a couple of months ago. I bought a new (used) bike and they went up to $800 a year! I shopped around and Farm Bureau quoted me half that. It seems like every ins. co. I go with is cheap up front, then they stick it to you the next year.

You should be happy, I have had them for years and no problems but then no claims either..

American Modern is a good company. I represent them along with 5 other companies for motorcycle insurance. The last six months I have been beating american modern with other companies. I could probably get you a better rate. There are several people on here that I have saved money on the cycle insurance.

Hey wes0778,

I just insured a 02 Harley FXST and a 07 Harley FLHX for $351.00 per year. That is for both bikes, not per bike. The guy was paying $903.00 per year with Foremost. I gave him 100/300/50 liablity, 100/300/50 uninsured motorist, 250 ded comprehensive and collision. American Modern's rate for the same coverage was $975.00 per year.

American Modern is a good company. I represent them along with 5 other companies for motorcycle insurance. The last six months I have been beating american modern with other companies. I could probably get you a better rate. There are several people on here that I have saved money on the cycle insurance.

I would be interested, at work right now but have progressive on 86 venture royal and 06 midnight venture. Can't remember the specifics off hand.

I guess you never know if you are getting what you pay for until you have a claim. Progressive was great when I had an accident so I dont even shop around for rates anymore. That piece of mind is worth whatever i suppose.

I have Progressive on the scoot too. Was starting to shop rates when I ran into the girl that ran a stop sign (cell phone).

I only carry liability and the girl's mother picked up the damage to the bike. Then the medical bills hit.

Turns out that under Michigan law the motorcycle insurance is last in line to pay medical claims. First it's the other driver, then my auto, then my personal health coverage and Progressive last. Even though they weren't responsible they handled the paperwork and all the BS with the other parties to get it handled.

After all that they'd really have to jack up my rate to lose me.

wow, I just did the insurance thing today too...after 3 hours on the phone (I hate that:crying:) I finally switched my motorcycles to progressive. I was paying $340 for 6 months through USAA on my 02 Vstar (full coverage). Now I'm paying $360 for the YEAR for BOTH bikes for full coverage...I'm not sure if they screwed up, but it sounds good to me! I'm in CO, so that might make a difference???

INTERESTING..... USAA does not insure motorcycles in Virginia, so when I called USAA to insure my motorcyles they transfered me to Progressive and I got a USAA discount...

I have a 1950 H-D FL and a 2010 Honda Goldwing Airbag and it costs me under $500/year for both of them... Full coverage and a $500 deductible.

INTERESTING..... USAA does not insure motorcycles in Virginia, so when I called USAA to insure my motorcyles they transfered me to Progressive and I got a USAA discount...

I have a 1950 H-D FL and a 2010 Honda Goldwing Airbag and it costs me under $500/year for both of them... Full coverage and a $500 deductible.

Yeah, I had gotten my USAA moto insurance back when they offered it...When I went to add this new scoot they transfered me to Progressive. Much better rates than I was getting through USAA anyway. USAA said they were charging based on a auto policy, that's why it was so much more. Since I was shopping around I ended up moving ALL of my policies (3 cars, 2 motorcycles and home) away from USAA...this is after 15 years being with them. In the past they were the best rates and good CS, but over the last few years they just kept raising my rates again and again...I ended up getting home insurance from Geico for 1/2 what I was paying at USAA...that's a big difference ($800 a year difference), same coverages.

I had USAA for a time before I got back into bikes. Had some real bad hassles with them and won't go back for any of their insurance, although I really like their banking. If you are eligible for USAA, then you are also eligible for Armed Forces Insurance out of Ft Leavenworth. I have all my household insurance with them and they underwrite with Progressive for vehicles. I was sued some time back and my property insurance covered me and have not penalized me a bit. Back when I used to check rates they were very competitive.

Our 2007 Mersedez Bens was with all state, last qoute was 1,680. for the year

I moved it over to Geico with my trucks and motorcycle

Bike full coverage 478.00 year

2000 Dodge ram 3.9 408.10 year

2002 Dodge Ram 3.7 428.50 year

2007 Bens 230 886.00 Full year 10000/300000

I kinda think the Lizard is cute

And these are Florida Rates