IGNORED

Nice trip to Daytona

1BigDog

Jrichard rolled up yesterday and spent the night after helping me but the bike back together (new tire). Even had a scary and embarrassing moment when we thought a needle injector for the grease gun snapped off while shooting some Moly 60 into the rear wheel bearings. After carefully prying off the rubber seal and poking through the bearing assembly looking for the needle we discovered that the needle didnt break off, only pushed back into the grease gun. Ok, I was the guilty party...so shoot me. But it was a relief that it didnt fall into the bearing basket. Got the wheel up, put the stock mufflers back on. The open HD muffs were beginning to drive me crazy. Took the bike for a ride and with the stock muffs it sure felt more responsive. Also dumped some star tron gas treatment in and mileage increased by 25 milles on the tank. Got up this Am and we all (J, Jean and myself) headed down to Daytona, riding A1A down to hook up with Coach and his wife from Ohio (Ron and Linda Wise) and their friends from NY, George and Jacki on a HD trike. We headed to US-1 Restaurant (formerly the Sly Fox) for some good eats and some good reminiscing then headed out for different venues. J and I headed to Main Street which was filling up. We parked and started walking down Main St when we saw an RSV. I asked who owned it and whether he was a member here and he looked at me funny and said he remembered me from when I synced his carbs. It was Mainiac. Small world. Gave a card to another RSV rider so maybe he will check out the site. We strolled around a little then J went off to parts unknown and we headed home, back up A1A. Stopped in Flagler Beack for some Working Cow ice cream and enjoyed the ocean view and perfect 80 temps. Couldnt have asked for a nicer day.....too bad, back to work tomorrow.....