IGNORED

Cold fingers

FROG MAN

Hunting season is 3 weeks away. My fingers freeze when riding the 4 wheeler on those cold snowy early morning trips to the stand. The thumb throttle finger will go numb. When my hands are cold I'm done hunting. I need a glove that will keep my hands warm. They must be lightweight and be shooter friendly. I don't want to loose the sensitivity on the trigger finger not to forget access through the trigger guard. Any recommendations from you hunters in snow country? I have been wearing two pair and still get cold.

I have one close to this. They are called mufflers. My hands have never gotten cold with this type of unit. When it is time to shoot the big one you don't have to worry about your gloves. I have used mine for years during cold weather. http://www.arkansasduckhunter.com/hcgloves11.asp You can pick these up almost at any sporting goods place.

Hope this helps and good luck hunting.

I forgot about your 4 wheeler frogman. Gloves will seldom keep you warm because the fingers are separated. Try mittens that you can buy at an Military Surplus Store. They are Air Force cold weather mittens. You will not get cold with these.

Geez, your describing a big problem.

I'd probably buy some snowmobile gloves for the four wheeler then switch to some hunting mittens that pull off for the shot.

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_920008_renderset_01?$main-Large$

Get these, and put a chemical hand warmer in the mitten cover. It will keep your fingers warm and ready to shoot.

It also works when you are riding. If needed you can put a chemical hand warmer both in front and behing the fingers. Works as well as electric gloves.

RR

Geez, your describing a big problem.

I'd probably buy some snowmobile gloves for the four wheeler then switch to some hunting mittens that pull off for the shot.

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_920008_renderset_01?$main-Large$

I agree with these . I still have mine when I rode my sled up in AK . Rode my first winter with them on the scoot . Even when wet , they are still warm . They are best for both situations . Hand warmers inside will help a lot too !

BEER30

Gees Louise just the other day you were insinuating second gen riders could not hunt deer now you tell us you can't shoot if your wittle fingers get cold. ride that second gen to the stand that way your fingers won't have time to get cold.:stirthepot:

Seriously try putting on a pair of latex gloves on under your insulated gloves.