IGNORED

Help,anyone have a spare final drive?

steamer

I think I blew out my final drive on my 99rsv.We were out for the weekend,riding around the fingerlakes when after about 150 miles and several hour we made a pit stop.While rolling through the parking lot at slow speed I heard a god awful grinding, clanking,clicking noise coming from the final drive.Luckly since we were riding around the lakes we were only 25 mile from home.So we ended our weekend trip and headed straight home.

got home ok,can't hear the noise at highway speed,but if sounds like it's coming apart when i roll the bike back and forth.Put it up on the jack,spun the rear wheel and it sounds really bad. Draned the oil, it was dark gray and smelled burnt.It was just changed out a couple weeks ago,I used mobil 1 gear oil. something has let go inside.But she still got us home.Anyway I'm looking for a new to me final drive,anyone do a trike kit that wants to sell there's.I contacted someone here on the classifieds but no answer yet.Probably out riding :crying:

:clap2:

Thanks to the New York Family group.

SUPER BIG THANK YOU TO BONGOBOBNY:clap2: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Just got back from Bongobob's...had to stop and check out a german resturant in canandaigua on the way home,very good food...anyway all i can say to the folks here at ventureriders is you guyz are the best.Everyone is always looking out for our fellow riders.It took no more then 5 minutes from the time my post hit the forum that i had Bob on the phone,with a deal made and me and Robin on our way out the door.We're back at home with a new final drive so we can get back on the road.

Your right right NYJERRY,this is family:thumbsup:

I think a group hug is in order....oh come on you know you want too.:happy-emoticon:

Guest RawHide
:clap2:

SUPER BIG THANK YOU TO BONGOBOBNY:clap2: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Just got back from Bongobob's...had to stop and check out a german resturant in canandaigua on the way home,very good food...anyway all i can say to the folks here at ventureriders is you guyz are the best.Everyone is always looking out for our fellow riders.It took no more then 5 minutes from the time my post hit the forum that i had Bob on the phone,with a deal made and me and Robin on our way out the door.We're back at home with a new final drive so we can get back on the road.

Your right right NYJERRY,this is family:thumbsup:

I think a group hug is in order....oh come on you know you want too.:happy-emoticon:

Venture Rider Group whether NY or elsewhere are the BEST!