IGNORED

I know I'm CB stupid...

I bought a FireStik antenna for my bike because I read a few posts that said it was an easy swap. Apparently, I'm not that bright when it comes to CB's. The antenna has a male end on it and so does the cable on the bike mount, so it won't just screw on. I've found replacement cables, but they all have the wrong connector at the radio end (and they're all 18'). So how do I get a cable on this thing??? I'm completely lost. Thanks guys.

Without seeing pics of what you have, I'm guessing you need a mounting lug that goes on the antenna bracket. The cable (PL259) connector goes on the bottom and the antenna screws into the lug. http://www.rightchannelradios.com/cb-springs-studs-84/cb-antenna-stud-mount-screw-on-270.html

Unless you install two antennas, you'll probably have a challenge with the connection on the other end also.

The radio end OEM setup has a motorola end that plugs into an antenna splitter. If you stay with a single antenna, you'll probably have to change the connector on the other end of the cable. I suggest you go with the Marshall Mod

Dave

I'm running dual antennas, so I won't need to do the Marshall Mod. Is there any way of doing this without having to run a new cable? I can't find one that has a Motorola end for the radio.

If you already run dual antennas your ahead of the game. If the cable you currently have for the CB has a PL259 male plug on each end, you don't need a new cable. If it has the PL259 end on the CB end and is wired directly to the OEM antenna, you can cut it and install you own PL259 but the cable length change can effect the match to the radio (SWR).

If you're running dual antennas you don't need that matching/splitter box that mounts to the bottom of the CB. If you're trying to use that the connectors will be wrong. Put it in your spare parts pile.

The connector on the back of the CB is a standard female CB connector (SO-239 I believe). The PL-259 male end on your CB antenna lead will screw right up. If you need to shorten it you can get replacement connectors at RadioShack. My personal preference would be to just store any extra cable inside the fairing.

That splitter box has a cable that runs across the motorcycle to the amp. It plugs into a female Motorola connector that is on a pigtail (5" or so) that comes out of the amp. The Motorola connectors used to be standard for AM/FM antennas, but there are other ones out there today. If your AM/FM doesn't have the Motorola connector you can cut off what's there and replace it with a male Motorola plug (also available at RadioShack)