IGNORED

Difference in Airbox Lids... 83 with 86 1300 and original 83 with 1200

Hi All,

I have an 83 Venture Royale, with an 86 1300 in it. I also have a parts bike, 83 VR with 1200. The 1200 has a plain airbox lid, while my other one (1300) has a lid with an apparatus on the front part, that has a 4 pin square connector with 3 wires on it, and a separate spade terminal wire. It also has a red LED which is lit at idle, but when the engine is revved up, the LED goes out. What is this apparatus, and is it for the 86 engine, or something that was originally on the 83. This bike also has the Markland cruise control, which isn't working right now, but that is another post...:big-grin-emoticon:??

I am just curious as to what this device is? Size is about 3-4 in. wide by 2in. deep

This connector and LED is not a stock item on either the MKI VR (1983 to 1985) or the MKII VR (1986 to 1993) As Dano said, a pic would be worth a thousand words. Until you find out what, exactly these wires are connected to we would be hard pressed to give a guess as to what they do. :confused24:

Earl

• 2 months later...

Well, I am pretty sure this device is for my Markland cruise control. It has a pickup on the rear wheel that comes up to it, and six magnets on the rotor. Anyone have any info on the Markland cruise?? It was probably used only on the 83's, as Yamaha put factory cruise on 84 and up VR's...??