IGNORED

TRike Lifts

tbbrider

I've looked at the Hannigan triked bikes to see about building a lift adapter but due to the way its's done it would tough. Even then you still need to get a conventional jack under it and lift it up high enough to attach any adapters. I think that it's just simpler to jack one up and then place safety stands under the framework.

Or spring for one of those nice lifts Monty linked. But as noted not cheap.

Larry

I have an 07 RSV with hannigan trike kit. Can anyone tell me how to get this trike completely off the ground so I can get under it?Are there any cheap lifts out there for a trike?

/www.mile-x.com/handy-14472-motorcycle-lift.aspx

Check out this web site but this lift is not cheap. :mo money:

I have a K&N Hydrolic lift for working on Trikes ( they ain't cheap ) :yikes:

Just to get the rear up I use a small floor jack and put jack stands under the shock by the tire. That works well if you have a trailer hitch, if not it is a lot more difficult to get up cause the frame is so far back. Don't try to lift it by the two metal pieces that the body is attached to in the rear those will move on ya, and then there will be an alignment problem with the body. Because the rear end is off set to the right it will lean to the right when you raise it, and you will need some one to push down on the left fender to get the stand under the shock.

I have a K&N Hydrolic lift for working on Trikes ( they ain't cheap ) :yikes:

Just to get the rear up I use a small floor jack and put jack stands under the shock by the tire. That works well if you have a trailer hitch, if not it is a lot more difficult to get up cause the frame is so far back. Don't try to lift it by the two metal pieces that the body is attached to in the rear those will move on ya, and then there will be an alignment problem with the body. Because the rear end is off set to the right it will lean to the right when you raise it, and you will need some one to push down on the left fender to get the stand under the shock.

Do you use an adapter and a motorcycle lift for the front?

Nope: Just a small floor jack under the front of the engine. You can get it up high enough to change the forks and triple tree with just a flood jack. I use a 6 or 8 inch 2X4 or 1X4 ( what ever I have handy ) some times against the engine, but have mostly just put the jack foot against the forward part of the engine, and jack it up. ( watch the filter area ) which is off to the left of the center. On my cheap little floor jack I have taken the pin out from the shoe that is on top of the foot of the jack head ( which gives an additional 1.25 inch clearance ) which also provides a cup like flat base to jack against.

Here is a shot of an 06 up: You can get really into it like this.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/Tech%20Tips/VentureRake.jpg

Here is a shot of a 10 Goldwing in the same position with same jack...

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/Installs/What.jpg

If you are wanting to get the whole Trike off the ground, it can be done like this, but it is safer if you use a car ramp to roll or ride up on for the front ( the wheels on the jack still work quite well with a load on them,,,:shock3: )

I have used the car ramp on several occasions when needed to have clearance all the way around. In this photo you can see the back end of the ramp that the front tire is up on, I didn't need to raise the rear for this job, just needed a little higher clearance in the front.

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/01%20Venture/mess.jpg