IGNORED

Carburator draining

I just got my 2007 Venture in August of this year. Sold my 2003 V Star. I will be storing the Venture in the next month or so once the snow starts flyin here in Ontario. Normally I drain the carbs when I am storing after filling the Fuel tank with gas and stabilizer. I can't figure out how to drain the carbs on the Venture. Are there drain screws or some easy way of draining. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks JR

I never drain my carbs and have never had a problem. I simply add some stabalizer to the tank along with some seafoam, go for a ride to get it in the carbs, top her off with gas, turn the petcock to off...and that's that!

I drain my carbs every year. I purchased a special 24" flexible shaft from Princess Auto. You find these in the wrenches and screwdriver section. I also purchased a set of short bits. Just pop the proper bit in and snake your way to the drain screws. I just lay an absorbant shop towel under the carbs before draining. With this tool, it only takes about 1-2 minutes to drain the 4 carbs. Piece of cake and no mess afterwards!

I have never yet synched the carbs myself, as I've had the shop quickly do it when I swapped tires, had warranty work done, etc. I plan on getting myself a Morgan Carbtune soon. The flexshaft should work wherever a screwdriver works. The only thing to keep in mind is that the flex shaft is approx. 3/8" in diameter.

Guest KitCarson
I never drain my carbs and have never had a problem. I simply add some stabalizer to the tank along with some seafoam, go for a ride to get it in the carbs, top her off with gas, turn the petcock to off...and that's that!

I used to live up north.......brrrrrrrr!!! I never drained anything either.....the most damage to any engine be it a bike.......boat motor........whatever is just from sitting. Somehow condensation gets in the motor(water) not sure how it does that, but it does. So once a week........I would just start my bike up and let it run till it got up to operating temperature and leave it at that. I did used to put gas stabilizer in the gas as the tank of gas would be in it all winter. Kit