IGNORED

Embarrassed to even admit this

Bigfoot

I hate admitting to this but I need to get it fixed so here goes. Back this early summer I finally got a chance to get out and ride for three days. Weather forecast was good and I was pumped. I had been working so many hours and neglecting the bike that NOTHING was going to stand in my way of this ride.

Well, I pulled the bike out the day before to wash it and get it packed. Turns out the battery was dead and it appeared it may be a battery tender issue. I jumped it and drove it for 30 minutes and it seemed to be fine. Got up the next morning and had to jump it and it started right up. Every time I tried to put it in gear it would die on me. After jumping it 3 times and it dying all 3 times I'm afraid to say I punched the gas tank. Just below the gas cap. Well my big mitts put a good dent in the tank and I can see some slight cracks in the paint. Needless to say I was ready to punch myself after this.

I guess what I'm looking for can this dent be pulled out without going to a professional using a dent puller or am I pretty much screwed needing a professional?

And yes, I did learn a lesson. Punch the wife next time instead. J/K.

call your local car dealership, and ask them for the phone number of the dent guy that they use...

he will generaly have a set day of each week to attend each dealership, and with very low overhead, he can normaly take a dent out very cheap when no ticket and cash is offered..:innocent:

mike

I'll put dents all over Brown Sugar before I make the mistake of swinging on the Warden!!

I think a good dent puller might get you out of this one but it would have been a lot better to do it when it was fresh before the metal got used to being in the position it is in. Still might come out easy.