IGNORED

cleaned connections

Woody

I finally got time to take the fairing apart and clean the connectors, coated with dielectric grease and put some tape on to help hold them together. We went for a 220 mile ride and the audio system worked better than before it messed up. Thanks ventureriders.

:smile5:

• 10 months later...

I finally had it done. It was easy and missed my RSV for only 4 days.

I had all the electrics re-organized under the seat to where I can actually see the battery. I wish I can say I did it myself, but no, my local independent bike shop did it. They do a lot of work on my bike. So much so I almost have stock in the company. They did a great job and you can see all the photos of my bike in my photobucket account.

A good place to start is here: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc474/ashley9187/

Now the only thing I have left to do is install my new Utopia back rest when it comes in.

Rick A. aka Sidecar

:Venture:

I've been meaning to ask you guys about this. The audio system on my '08 RSV powers up sporadically. There's no rhyme or reason - sometimes it powers up sometimes it doesn't. Once it's on, all functions work great. Are there known connector problems at play here? :confused07: