IGNORED

Netbooks

Bigfoot

Can you print from the ipad?

Yes. I use the same program with my iPhone and iPad. 'print n share'. There is also 'air print'. There are others...

I have an older macbook that fits nicely in my travel pack on the bike. The battery lasts about 5-6 hours if you are not watching videos. :happy34:

I have an Acer 10" and the battery only lasts about 2 hours. What are these 6 cell batteries people are talking about, where do you get them?

Mine came with the netbook because I was specifically looking for the larger battery.

If you're wanting to stick with an Acer branded battery, you'd be better off to sell your netbook and buy another with the larger battery. The battery by itself is $110 from NewEgg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834996540&cm_re=acer_battery-_-34-996-540-_-Product

You can also buy no name brand batteries off ebay for under $40. I bought one for my Dell laptop and it has been working fine. The no name looked exactly like the OEM battery minus the label.

A friend of mine got an "aPad" -- essentially an iPad-like computer that runs Android instead.

Here's the one he got.

I've asked him for an updated review, but every time I have asked him before, he has adored it.

I think I'll get one when they come out with one running Android 2.2. The ones I have seen run 2.1, but that's a far sight better than 1.6.

The fault I had with the iPad when I played with it for several days was typing. My Android phone used "Swype" where the iPad required individual keypresses. After using Swype, the iPad seemed clunky. I could type on my phone twice as fast, for crying out loud. They are rurmored to be working on Swype for the iPad and iPhone, but until that happens, the clunky interface (and price) makes the iPad a no-go for me.

Dave

A friend of mine got an "aPad" -- essentially an iPad-like computer that runs Android instead.

Here's the one he got.

Dave

Thanks, Thats a good link. They have lots of neat electronic stuff.

for those looking for a cheap netbook they have one with a 7inch screen for $99.

http://www.shenit.com/ly-eb01-epc-netbook-china-mini-laptop-notebook-7-inches-tft-screen-windows-ce.html

maybe thats the ticket for the bike.

Here's one with Android 2.2 http://www.shenit.com/witstech-a81-e-7-android-2-2-tablet-with-removable-battery-free-case.html

:sign kewl:

Edited by RandyR

I have a Toshiba Netbook - 10". I bought the Toshiba because it has a full size keyboard even with the 10" screen. It has a 9 hour battery life. I have the NB205 model which has been updated to the NB305. I took it on my trip this year and it is small enough that it was a good fit on the bike.

I've had a Lenovo S10 netbook for almost 2 years. All netbooks use basically same CPU and Graphics processor so doesn't matter too much which one you get. Look for keyboard, screen, support and battery life you can live with. The Lenovo had the biggest screen at the time. No issues and is a great 2nd computer with the limitations of processing power and no CD. 2 hour battery life is typical of standard batteries.

If I were to do it again I'd go for the Toshiba 12" or equivalent. Just a little bit bigger but the keyboard looks easier to use. The keyboards on the true "Netbooks" are a little on the small side.