IGNORED

I don't know, Please help

The shop keeps telling me the floats have to be replaced.

If the floats won't "float" then one or more of the carbs will do exactly as you have described, although it is highly unlikely that more than one is damaged unless someone damaged them during an earlier disassembly!

they cleaned the carbs, and put it back together, but can not stop the leak.

what do you think?

1. They don't know what they are doing. They can bench test the carbs to make sure they don't leak before they put them back on and/or to see exactly where its leaking from and proeprly diagnose the problem. I would not go back to this dealer if you have a choice.

If all that is wrong at this point is the carburetor leaks, where exactly is it leaking? Still left rear? Is carburetor overflowing (float valve assy problem) or is there a leak somewhere else (fuel joint).

If the o ring on the brass float seat is bad, the fuel will leak around it into the carburetor float bowl even if the float valve needle is fine and the float height is set correctly.

Could have a bad o ring or crack in the plastic (I think they are plastic) fuel joints between the carburetors.

Now that its not dirty carburetors (assuming they cleaned them properly), Its a warranty problem. If it turns out to be an oring, and they want o argue its damaged from fuel, I would argue an 07 bike should have ethanol compatible parts.

I see you have it up For Sale? Is it because of this?

If you feel like trailering it to Fort Myers Area, You have two options. I can look at it or you can have Jim Peters (and ONLY JIM) look at it at Sunsports Cycle and Watercraft- they are the Yamaha dealer. Only mechanic besides me that I would let work on my bike.

RSTDdog