IGNORED

Nine years ago....

eazyduzzit

I was in my office at work and a co-worker....who's wife to be lived within sight of the towers called him and told him about the first plane.....he came to tell me in my office when she called about the 2nd plane.....always remember that moment!

Keith

I was at work and my Yahoo messenger popped up and one of the girls said her mom called to say a plane had hit one of the towers. My manager got a TV and set it up for us to watch and just as we turn it on the other plane hit. Probably the only other time that I felt a similar way was when I watched Challenger blow up. The reporter on TV is still talking like everything is normal and I'm asking myself if I was seeing what I was seeing.

Was driving down the road in the car when the DJ on the radio started talking about a plane hitting the first tower. I was only about a 1/2 mile from a friends house so I went there. Went in and said is this really happening as the 2nd plane hit. Really hit 2 days later when we were standing in his back yard and I say "do you hear that" he said he heard nothing. I replied Thats right no planes, jets nothing ( we live under main routes for airliners) seamed so strange with no air traffic at all anywhere. God Bless to all those that died that day.:95:

I was a union rep back then and I was in a meeting with a manager discussing a grievance when another manager came in and said a plane hit the towers. I assumed that it may have been a small commuter plane gone astray from Teterboro or one of the other airports in the area, never even considering the magnitide of what was happening. We wrapped up the meeting and I walked to my office. Everyone in there was glued to the tv. Since im from NYC they all turned to me in shock and asked if I had any relatives there. I still didnt get what was happening yet. Just then the 2nd plane struck and we all just sat down in silence. It was like getting whacked with a steel beam X 20.

Back in the 70's and 80's I used to deliver construction materials and freight to the towers. I still cant get over the fact that they are not there anymore.

Prayers go out to all the families affected by this tragedy.

I was at my computer when my neighbor PMed me and said "turn on the TV" The rest is history. I will never forgive, or forget. I rode my MC to the anti ground zero mosque protest. At GZ. The bike was amazing, it just loves the super slabs. And I was going way faster then I usually do. But the turnpike was moving fast and the bike felt safe and secure at 85 for most of the way. The E3s were great also. I drove right into Manahttan, found a great parking spot and had a great time with my fellow Americans.

I was a duty manager at HP. One of our support engineers was on the phone with Cantor Fitzgerald when the plane hit their tower.

He called me and wanted me to do something about it.

I brought up the news on CNN.

My first thought was, this is war.

All I could do was pray.