IGNORED

where is the cooland drain plug?

Hi,

Is there a drain plug for the coolant somewhere on these engines? Or does one have to improvise like on a VW where they tell you to pull a rad hose to act as the drain?

Also, I think I need a new O ring for the coolant by pass valve as I have a leak there now. Any suggestions for a non yama solution?

Thanks,

Brian H.

there is an improved o-ring now that is suppose to fix that leak once and for all. the replacement is orange instead of black. you can get it from "flat out motorcycles" online for just a couple of bucks. i ordered one a few months back and then promptly lost it, so i guess i need to order another one 'cause i don't guess i ever will remember where i put that dang thing. should have put in on the day it came in.

there is an improved o-ring now that is suppose to fix that leak once and for all. the replacement is orange instead of black. you can get it from "flat out motorcycles" online for just a couple of bucks. i ordered one a few months back and then promptly lost it, so i guess i need to order another one 'cause i don't guess i ever will remember where i put that dang thing. should have put in on the day it came in.

You did it too......... I can't really go looking for it, as it is 1500 Km away, at home.

I hope some of the guys will chime in here with some good advice. Be careful when draining the coolant. The small plastis nob turns, but if you pull it out, there is a ballbearing that will come out with it. Lots of post in past about losing it and looking for a replacement.

Muffinman, chime in an help the brother.