IGNORED

Time to update VRAssistance List

Freebird

OK folks...I guess it's time for me to update the VRAssitance list. If you are not on it and want to be or if your telephone number or services offered has changed, please get it updated over the next few days.

To be added to, removed or update your information, simply click on UserCP in the upper menu bar and then "edit details" in the left menu. Scroll to the bottom to add or edit your information. Probably early next week, I will get it all together and create a new .pdf document and Excel file for those who wish to can download.

Well..what would you prefer? If you are broke down somewhere and need assistance and one of them is willing to lend an helping hand, do you care if they are a supporting member or one who just reads here and perhaps makes some of the meets?

I'm not being facetious, it's an honest question.

Well..what would you prefer? If you are broke down somewhere and need assistance and one of them is willing to lend an helping hand, do you care if they are a supporting member or one who just reads here and perhaps makes some of the meets?

I'm not being facetious, it's an honest question.

Just my opinion, but any help is good when you're broke down, it would be nice (if easy to do) to know if someone is a current member or past if you have to make that call.

There, you have my 2 cents and my pockets are empty......

Dave

I guess I could have provided a little more support to my statement.

My thinking is:

1) I personally would be more comfortable cold calling someone that is relatively active on the site (as I would assume the 'supporting member' status would indicate).

2) I sort of assume that the likelyhood of getting help, lodging or local information for that matter (since that is all included on the VR assistance list) from a member that hasn't been active in a long time (hence the no longer being a supporting member) would be pretty slim. And quite frankly, I don't know that I would be comfortable cold calling them since it would have been their choice to not be a part of this family anymore... :confused24:

I noticed, as I compiled the subset of the list that I had with me for my last trip, that I ended up with many many many pages of folks that had, at some point, said 'yes' to the VR assistance and upon further inspection it seemed like less than 20% of the folks on the list had been active in the last several months.

So, that is why I asked. I definitely see advantages to having it either way:

1) A much more concise list of recent/active members

2) A much larger list with the thought of the more people available/on the list the more likely you are to get some help if needed --- But the logic of that I believe isn't very solid.