IGNORED

MKII wiring harness ?'s

I ordered a wire harness for my 86, the ad on ebay was for xvz12/13 so i assumed the harness would be interchangable, its not! the guy i bought from has been INCREDIBLY helpful and will refund my $ + shipping, but he says his parts fiche shows the same for mkI and II.are they the same? a few harness connectors like the coils, pick up coils,tail light, match up but alot of stuff does not. he says he has a few harnesses and they all look the same but as soon as i took it out of the box i knew some things were wrong. any thoughts?

and does anyone have a harness they want to sell. im looking for one in good condition and that will just plug and play, royale or standard is fine.

An 83 harness is completely different. Turn signal flasher relays, starter relay and fuel pump control circuit come to mind.

84 & 85 are closer, but still are some different connectors. Different fuel pump relay circuitry.

A bike with cruise is different from a bike without cruise. This is due to the brake and clutch levers having different contact configurations and cruise connectors.

I don't know if they made a separate harness number for the units that had CB's and CLASS systems as opposed to those that didn't.

A Royale unit is different from the standard unit. Different instrument cluster connections.

This is one of the short comings of the parts fiche. I have not found where they list part numbers for the upgrade options.

Gary