IGNORED

1984 Venture Royale Radio Control.

BreezyCricket

Does anyone have a diagram of the insides of the radio handlebar switch, the one on the post just above the left hand grip that controls the 'Mute' and 'Search' operations.

Even a list of what parts are inside would suffice because I removed mine to try to find out why it was not working properly and when I took it apart there were some funny sounds as everything went six ways to Sunday and I don't know how many parts I should be trying to find.

Many Thanks.

Hi.I have an 83 VR.I took my radio control apart.There is not much too it.I think 2 ball bearings and springs.The button alows the bearing to toggle the swtich.I think the ball makes the connections in the switch.its something like that.I will admit it is hard to put back together.You may only have to clean the inner terminals and put it back together.Good luck:fingers-crossed-emo

Thank you for the replies.

I found 3 springs, 2 of the same size and another smaller one, and 2 ball bearings, so I guess this must be everything.

One other thing.

Did these radios come with a clear covering 'skin' like sometime comes with computer keyboards, and, if not, what prevents water from getting into the radio through the cutouts for the various buttons, which is what I found had happened when I opened mine?