IGNORED

Inexpensive Time & Temp Guage

Bobby G

I found this cheapie time and temp guage at Wally World for $9. It's battery powered (1 AAA), shows both ambient and direct sunlight temps, and has a nice LED clock readout with a green backlight with a push of a button. I mounted it with two small pieces of hook & loop tape just below the right front speaker, and ran the sensor to the inside of the front fairing on the far right. Seems to be waterproof as well. Not a bad pick up for $9 bucks.

I found this cheapie time and temp guage at Wally World for $9. It's battery powered (1 AAA), shows both ambient and direct sunlight temps, and has a nice LED clock readout with a green backlight with a push of a button. I mounted it with two small pieces of hook & loop tape just below the right front speaker, and ran the sensor to the inside of the front fairing on the far right. Seems to be waterproof as well. Not a bad pick up for $9 bucks.

Could use some bigger pics. I tried the magnifying glass but no luck.... :)

I picked one up this year also. I was tired of my wife always asking or Wing friends what the temp was. You can also get them at truck stops. They call them ice alerts. I just open the cassette door and sit it on it.

Norm

That's what I was asking about the other day :thumbsup: - darn, I was at wally world yesterday.

Could use some bigger pics. I tried the magnifying glass but no luck.... :)

Sorry for the small pics. I was using my cell phone camera, and the pixel size is very small. I'll post a few larger ones ASAP. I also discovered that the external sensor and associated wire can be eliminated, as the internal one measures the same temp. Looks better that way too. And I got rained on pretty good last night, and it's still working!