IGNORED

Shorty windshield

quinnjim

Hello everyone. I'm brand new here. I have a 2006 RSV, and it's nearly perfect!

I am thinking about getting a shorter windshield for summer riding. I love the big shield when it's cold, but I would like to feel a breeze when it's 90 degrees.

I was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on the shorter shields. I'm 6' tall, and I'm looking at either a 6" or an 8" windshield (measured from the front where the chrome meets the plastic).

I'm mainly looking for guys (about my height) that have put on short windshields. I don't want to get a bunch of buffeting around my head, but I would like to "feel" some airflow.

Thanks for any info.

I've got the Show Chrome brand that came from Dennis Kirk. It's 12 3/4" from the top of the chrome strip to the top, and 5" wider than stock.

I'm 5-10, and look over the top of it. I catch a little wind, but not much. I have it because I don't like lookin through them.

Welcome aboard, Scooter Bob

I bought my 99 with a Tulsa Enterprises shield. It's a little taller then OEM. Replaced it with a Clearview XXL with vent. Replaced that with a Yamaha short shield.

Out of the 3, I like the short shield the best. I have less buffeting with the short shield then I did with the either of the other shields.

Im 6ft tall.

I'll measure my shield later today and tell you the height.

I had my stocker cut down (same profile) to a decent height and then picked up a Yamaha "tall" (which is about 2 1/2 inches wider PER side and higher than stock) Use the shorty in warm/hot weather and the barn door when it's cold.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 12" aftermarket from Cee Bailey's...ive used their products in the past and have had great results. I'm 6' also and look over the windshield easily. If you are riding with a seat cushion or with beads you could probably go as high as their 15" model.

you can feel the wind but you dont get knocked around at all.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/royalstarventurews.html

[ATTACH]49864[/ATTACH]

I'm 5'11" and I have a 9" Yamaha low boy windshield. I bought it new and installed it. I got on the bike and my head was completely over the windshield. I didn't even ride with it on. I took it right back off. I didn't like no head protection at all. I also have a 13" windshield that I can see over. Standard width. I get a little buffeting off it but not much. I can emagine you would get a lot of buffeting off the 6 or 8 or 9 inch shields. The low boy is a 9" shield. If you want the low boy make me an offer. I have $120 in it. But like I said I did not ride with it I just took it off because I didn't like how low it was.

I've got the Show Chrome brand that came from Dennis Kirk. It's 12 3/4" from the top of the chrome strip to the top, and 5" wider than stock.

I'm 5-10, and look over the top of it. I catch a little wind, but not much. I have it because I don't like lookin through them.

Welcome aboard, Scooter Bob

I also have this model. I look over it. Little buffeting unless it's very windy. I'm 5'11"

This is my standard windshield that was cut down at the plastics shop ..... $50. They ran some "magic stuff" over the edge to give it the nice edge. I am 5" shorter than you and it is perfect for me to look over, and even peek through in a quick shower if caught (yet again)