IGNORED

cushman winter project is on the roll

Snarley Bill

the frames at the sand blaster, and i just fired up the new motor for it. i bought a new 13 hp, 389 cc, overhead valve, electric start motor, from harbor freight. that along with the cvt, comet clutch, should set a cruising speed around 65mph, top speed around 75 mph. i'm using a zx-14 rear disc and caliper for the front brake and the original drum brake in the rear. it should stop good and run with the hardleys uo to 50 mph., with it's low weight of 275 lbs.. getting excited about getting my frame back so i can start machining parts for the drive train and get the motor mounted. i'm also going to 10" polished aluminum wheels with michlein tires to improve the handling. to finish things off i am going to paint it silver and blue clear coat to match my nomad. it will look original except for the wheels, disc brake, and fancy paint job. should be a real sleeper at the cushman meets. for all you folks that had and loved cushmans when you were young , they are still very popular. there are thousands of them around. check out some of the cushman sites. it makes a great hobby. there are alot of meets, and nice people involved in them. :2133:

I have an Sears allstate deluxe model 811.40 that i had when i was a kid.....Thinking about restoring it .....so am really enjoying your posts about you restoring yours..
i had a cushman highlander that i restored several years ago. i sold it to a fellow in tenn. they were one of my favorite cushmans. that 811.40 is a rare one. check out www.dennis-carpenter.com for new parts and cushman info. bill

What was the early step through model with the two speed on the left. That was my first powered two wheeler except for the lawn mower engine on a bike frame. Hid in a friends garage and when it ran (tough to get started) we had a lot of fun with it. I moved up to a Eagle in 1959 (I think).

:farmer:

• 1 month later...

worked all morning on my vertical mill making the necessary parts to increase the wheel base on my cushman project to make room for the cvt automatic. the motor mounts are in for the new overhead valve electric start engine. i want it to look original on the outside and be meaner than a junk yard dog on the inside. i love beating harleys with my cushmans. lol. i think this ones going to be finished way ahead of time. :2133: