IGNORED

Where can you mount these?

Hi everyone, I have a set of ELECTROPODS led lights and I would like to mount them under the tank. I would like to know if anyone else has used them and where on a second gen. can you mount them to light up the engine. I have the rectangular ones if that makes any difference. Thank you.:confused07:

Bert,

If you want to light up under the tank, you can do it with some low profile, military grade LED lights. I believe the Electropods are too thick to fit in the space under the tank (at least that was my experience).

I got mine from Hog City Lights (based in NY) while at Laconia Bike Week (you can find them on the web to get an idea of the lights they use). They are very low profile... barely the width of the LED bulb itself. They're in a strip of 18 bulbs (3 sets of 6 on each side). Also lit a couple of spots in the engine cavity so the whole things glows at night. Wired in a controller with a remote control as well. They have the usual spot grouping of lights as well.

Word of advice... install the quick release connectors on the wires, because if not, when you go to take the tank off for service, you'll have to strip off the lights. The light strips are thin, removing them and attempting re-taping will certainly damage some of the lights... (go ahead... ask me how I know... I completely forgot about them until I got a call from the mechanic... ouch!)

Anyway, once installed, I haven't had any issues, its been ~ 5 years.

They're kinda fun at night during rally weeks or at the beach at night. The controller allows you to set intesity, have them blink, or look like they're breathing (fade in/out).

I get mixed reviews from my riding friends. Some like them, some harass me pretty hard if I light them up. All personal preference.

Good Luck! Ride Safe.

Bob