IGNORED

Does anyone rebuild TCI's

Thanks to all who helped with my last question. After performing the suggested tests and maintenance, I still have no spark. Looks to be that the TCI has failed (though I have not been able to prove that the pickup coil is not at fault).

Being a 92 model with the single pickup coil, there do not seem to be very many used ones available.

Does anyone know of anyone who tests and repairs TCI boxes?

Does anyone have a schematic for a 90-93 TCI box? It is not wired the same as the 1985 schematic that is available here on the website.

Anyone installed the Ignitech on a 90-93 venture? I can get one of these for less than a used Yamaha TCI, but don't want to spend the money if it is not going to work right.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks to all who helped with my last question. After performing the suggested tests and maintenance, I still have no spark. Looks to be that the TCI has failed (though I have not been able to prove that the pickup coil is not at fault).

Being a 92 model with the single pickup coil, there do not seem to be very many used ones available.

Does anyone know of anyone who tests and repairs TCI boxes?

Does anyone have a schematic for a 90-93 TCI box? It is not wired the same as the 1985 schematic that is available here on the website.

Anyone installed the Ignitech on a 90-93 venture? I can get one of these for less than a used Yamaha TCI, but don't want to spend the money if it is not going to work right.

Thanks

Steve

I believe the Ingitech unit will work with a 90-93 model.

There is a setting already included in the software for a Venture XVZ 1300. It is different than what is needed for the 83-89 ventures.

TVking63 said that he thought this setting was for the 90-93 bikes I beleive.

You could email Ingitech at http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm and ask them about this.

I recently aquired a unit from Crimson Knight when he decided to part out his Venture. So far the unit is working well.

I am not really satisfied with the use of a Map sensor on the unit though. I have a Throttle Position Sensor that I am going to mount to the carb rack in the near future to try and duplicate what Ingitech had in mind. The Map Sensor is a workable solution and easier to install than a TPS but it does have some disadvantages. One of them being the output voltage is higher than what the Ingitech is programmed for. I picked up some resistors last night at Radio Shack and am going to experiment with lowering the output voltage into a range the Ingitech can be adapted to. I will post anything I come up with in the ongoing Ingitech thread located at http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40414

You can download the software from their site and get a feel for what you can do with it. Here is a link to that page. http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm . You want the TCIP4 software.

Gary

Edited by dingy
added link to software

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2598&title=-2a-2a-2a-parting-a-9026amp-3b-91-vr2a-2a-2a&cat=6

check out the above link. Its an add in the calssifieds. At the bottom of the add is the guys number . He rebuilds them . Last time I checked he will rebuild and ship yours back to you for $185 or hell send you one( not sure of price) and then refund you your core charge. Till I found a working unit I was going to send him mine. Still may send it to him to be rebuilt and have 2 so as to have a spare.

I just noticed he is a supporting member so you can Pm him too.His profile name is at the begining of the add

david