IGNORED

Back Again

Guest cdat

Apologize for not posting this sooner, but I'm finally starting to feel like my old self again after the accident. I do want to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes after the accident:) sure is nice to know caring people still exist everywhere.

I do have a partial settlement from the other drivers insurance company, their property damage adjuster is giving me almost 100% of what I had paid for my 07 RSTD, the service mgr at the local yamaha dealer convinced him to use NADA blue book, so I owe him a great big thanks too. On the other hand their medical/injury adjuster is being a complete jerk, but should be able to get this issue settled within the next couple of months.

I'm going to test ride the new venture when the local dealer gets theirs in and have some questions, I had been riding a RSTD for several years, how much difference is there in the "top heaviness" between the venture and the rstd, I know that's subjective, but just trying to get an idea from those that have ridden both.

If I go back to the rstd, how difficult is it to add either a yamaha trunk or HD trunk to the bike, I do plan on removing the passenger pillion again.

Sorry for the long post, can't wait to get back on a bike again.

Thanks

JT

Glad you're doing better John. There's a lot to be said about the Harley trunk on an RSTD. Lone Eagle has one on his TD and it's much better and roomier than the stock RSV. However, if top heaviness is an issue it will certainly add to the high side weight.