IGNORED

Question for the admins and moderators

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

I know a member can subscribe to forums, and search for posts by a specific member, but is there a way to actually subscribe to a member? Sort of like twitter: I could choose to subscribe to a member so that anything they post, I will be notified of it. Either in a PM or in a separate thread area for subscriptions I follow?

I'm not referrring to adding 'friends'...just subscribing to articles posted by a member.

I miss some postings by members that I would like to have seen...then I find them days, weeks, or months later. Some members post some really enjoyable articles.

Just seems like it might be a handy feature to have. I'm guessing the admins already have that feature, to 'follow' certain members when desired.

A limit of say, 5 or 10 subscriptions might help to keep it manageable.

Thanks!

hey text2,

Mayney not exactly what you were talking about, but you can go and visist the users profile. Then look under statistics,then click on all users post. I know it works cause I just tried it on myuself and found all of my post to a set time.

not exactly what you was talking about but in a backhanded way it gets you there.

David

As a Work-Around, you could store a Link to your Favorites like this ...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/search.php?searchid=2045150

which will show you all the Threads you started

or this, which will show you all Posts you placed

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/search.php?searchid=2045151

I took the Links right out the Statistics Tab in your personal Member Profile.

Of Course, you need to visit the Members Page/Statistics to get his Links fro there.

Not exactly what you ask for, but easier than searching every Time you like to see the Results.

Edited by Squeeze

Guest tx2sturgis

Thanks guys....no...what I'm actually asking about is a way that the VB software can DELIVER posts to me, after I subscribe to a members articles. As is, you have to know THAT the member posted to know that you want to do a search for the articles.

I would like to be able to 'follow' a users articles, even if I dont know that they posted today, or yesterday, or whenever. Set my iPhone to receive the messages using tapatalk or email, and voila, I can keep up with those members even when I'm traveling.

I think this feature if added could be of some value to the moderators as well as those of us who travel frequently and dont have the time to go thru 100 or more threads to find the 3 or 4 posts by user X that we want to see.

Just an idea for a feature. After all, I KNOW Don needs a hobby.!:D