IGNORED

Piaggio MP-3

Freebird

On my way home from Pittsburgh today, I happened to pass by a Victory dealer in Medina, OH. Since I have never seen the new Vision in person, I stopped in to take a look. Well...they didn't have one so that was a waste.

What they did have though was 3 of the new Piaggio MP-3 scooters. I don't know that I would ever want one but they sure look cool and I would like to ride one. :)

OH...and this crazy thing has a 15 gallon gas tank.

http://www.piaggiousa.com/

Their site sais 3.4 Gal tank. Also the 244cc might be a problem, I believe it needs to be over 250cc to be freeway legal.:(

Also, what seems like a long time ago I owned two Vespas and from experience I can tell you that their engines are primitive and made from an aluminum alloy that has the strength of parmesan cheese.

Yes, the thing is "cute" but so were Fiats and look around, how many of those have managed to avoid the junkyard?

A friend has the local Vespa dealership. She's ridden the MP3, and let a lot of others test ride. Another friend rode it to Eureka Springs from Tulsa, in the rain while his scooter was in the shop, waiting on parts. He says it's a nice ride, very stable on slick surfaces, takes rough roads well (you only get half the "bump" when you hit a pothole). Best part is it feels like a 2 wheeler; it leans, corners, and rides like a sport bike.

The 3 wheels only act like a trike when you park it. There's a switch on the handlebar to lock the forks.

An elderly friend, looking for something more stable to ride, tried it, but didn't go for it. He's riding a new Honda trike.

Haven't tried it myself, but sounds like a worthy ride.

Their site sais 3.4 Gal tank. Also the 244cc might be a problem, I believe it needs to be over 250cc to be freeway legal.:(

Also, what seems like a long time ago I owned two Vespas and from experience I can tell you that their engines are primitive and made from an aluminum alloy that has the strength of parmesan cheese.

Yes, the thing is "cute" but so were Fiats and look around, how many of those have managed to avoid the junkyard?

Duh...you are right about the fuel tank. I need to read a bit closer. The 15 gallons is the storage capacity of the trunk. :whistling:

Duh...you are right about the fuel tank. I need to read a bit closer. The 15 gallons is the storage capacity of the trunk. :whistling:

Well Don..maybe you were right after all. Let's see...3.4 gallon gas tank + 15 Gallon storage bin. I'm sure with a properly configured gas can (custom built) of say 12 gallons would fit in that 15 gallon storage area. 12 + 3.4 = at least 15 gallons with my math. :)

Actually I believe anything over 125cc is freeway legal.