IGNORED

Oil Pan Cracked on me :(

Guest tx2sturgis

Wow...heluva job...but I have a dumb question...or maybe not.

What gives the interior of the crankcase that gold/bronze color? Is that from oil sludge/stains baking on the metal or is that some type of coating on the aluminum?

I've never seen the inside of one of these.

It appeared to be a coating,,:confused24: I wiped an area and it didn't change or did the clean'ish rag get any thing on it. The chrome return pipe did have some black oil residue on it that came off. I was really surprised to see the pan, and inside to be this clean. The amount of residue/sludge was almost non existent too, and for 53K I was shocked. The previous two owners had been using Royal Purple. I am going with Rotilla T-6. Just wished I had the tank here to fill it and run it to check for leaks,,,,,:confused:

Guest tx2sturgis
It appeared to be a coating,,:confused24: I wiped an area and it didn't change or did the clean'ish rag get any thing on it. The chrome return pipe did have some black oil residue on it that came off. I was really surprised to see the pan, and inside to be this clean. The amount of residue/sludge was almost non existent too, and for 53K I was shocked. The previous two owners had been using Royal Purple. I am going with Rotilla T-6. Just wished I had the tank here to fill it and run it to check for leaks,,,,,:confused:

Cool, ok thanks...I thought it was some kinda coating...but just not sure what...anodizing I guess? I just found some T-6 and used that in my bike...I had run out of Amsoil.

As far as a tank.. where is yours? You could rig up something, maybe a really small plastic funnel held up with wire to the bars, attached to the fuel line. They make service-type gas tanks but I'm guessing you dont have one handy. If you havent run the motor since you took the tank off, there will be some gas in the carbs...enough to idle for several minutes.

Cool, ok thanks...I thought it was some kinda coating...but just not sure what...anodizing I guess? I just found some T-6 and used that in my bike...I had run out of Amsoil.

As far as a tank.. where is yours? You could rig up something, maybe a really small plastic funnel held up with wire to the bars, attached to the fuel line. They make service-type gas tanks but I'm guessing you dont have one handy. If you havent run the motor since you took the tank off, there will be some gas in the carbs...enough to idle for several minutes.

In the paint shop and been there for 15 days so far......:crying: but they are working on it now I been bugging them twice a day this week, and finally in prime/prep, but won't get painted till most likely Tuesday,,,,,,,:confused24: You talk about SLOW !!!!!!!!!!

In the paint shop and been there for 15 days so far......:crying: but they are working on it now I been bugging them twice a day this week, and finally in prime/prep, but won't get painted till most likely Tuesday,,,,,,,:confused24: You talk about SLOW !!!!!!!!!!

Paul Teutul agrees and throws a fit.

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/42886/paul-teutul-sr-profile.jpg