IGNORED

XM or Sirrus satelite radio

Tartan Terror

Well I did it. I bought the Sirius tonight and ordered the brackets. I hope im not sorry but I hate fumbling with a radio when you go out of range and now you are out of range of the stations you like. I opted for the Sirius because Nascar starts in 2007 and just want music. Not caring much for Howard stern though. Sometimes I just want to listen to the game or comedy. I did figure the Ipod thing out too but I dont want to use it too much on there because I have heard some people complaining that vibrations break them after a while. Not sure if thats true but just want to ride and not figure out what to load on it. Still got to buy the music to put on it. I will report with pics after its on and running.

Probably too late for my input, but I have Sirrus (moble one) I am planning on signing up for the free unit with a added subscription. I can run it through my radio on my Gen I or as I perfer the use of headphones. I signed up for sirrus for one reason Mike Church (Patriot channel) still love him but also love the comedy stations as well as their selection of classic rock and country. My dad has XM and he will be switching to Sirrus when his subscription is up. But as was stated before come down to listening preference. Seems as though with Sirrus getting NASCAR in Jan and other sports selection as well as conservative talk options I would choose Sirrus all over again. As far as Hook-up I hard wired a triple lighter to the battery with a inline fuse and mounted it in the top trunk, That way I can charge my phone, have my GPS, and My Sat Radio.

Well....I'm getting in late on this one but I too am an XM fan. I have a unit in the house, one in the wife's car and one that I move between my work car and the bike. I've never been disappointed in the XM selection and especially like the classic rock channels, the Loft, Heart and a lot of others.

I also listen to a lot of talk radio when I'm on the road for work and am a big Glenn Beck fan.

I also have an IPOD that I've had for over 4 years and never had a problem with it on the bike. I use it when we get in the mountains with heavy tree cover which can cause signal loss on the XM. Plus....I use my laptop in my work car and since my ITunes is loaded, I can play my IPOD music without the ipod by simply plugging my computer into the cassette adapter. :)

Don

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CHROME ADDICTION

I may be really late on this reply, but for the future lookers, here is what worked for me...

I had XM and liked it, however all the units were too big for me. So I opted for a Sirius "Starmate" (see pic's) and I move it from the cage to the bike. I hard wired the 12v and antenna. I wound up the extra antenna wire and tied it in the faring near the stock clarion radio. I also bought the motorcyle mount that has a swivel base and mounted it to the bars.

I made my choice stictly on the design of the starmate, more than the programming.

I may be really late on this reply, but for the future lookers, here is what worked for me...

I had XM and liked it, however all the units were too big for me. So I opted for a Sirius "Starmate" (see pic's) and I move it from the cage to the bike. I hard wired the 12v and antenna. I wound up the extra antenna wire and tied it in the faring near the stock clarion radio. I also bought the motorcyle mount that has a swivel base and mounted it to the bars.

I made my choice stictly on the design of the starmate, more than the programming.

ive got the starmate on my rstd. and thats what sold me ,the size.i hard wired it through a preamp ,to helmet speakers.bill