IGNORED

Need Help

star4772

Want to go and get oil filter and oil from Wal-mart and also rear end oil does anyone have the number for the filter and what oil I should get for engine and rear end? 2008 RSTD

I dont want to start an all out war now. :thumbsup2: :happy65:

Fram 6017A filter. I get them from Fleet Farm, along with Amsoil 10-40 motorcycle oil. Not sure what "Motorcycle" oils they have at Wally world. But, make sure you get "motorcycle" oil that will work with the wet clutch.

I run Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube in the rear end.

Just my :2cents:, and I'm sure I will here about it too, Scooter Bob

By the way, where's Trenton? I may be going around the top of Lake MI on the way to the International next Sunday/Monday.

Fram 6017A filter. I get them from Fleet Farm, along with Amsoil 10-40 motorcycle oil. Not sure what "Motorcycle" oils they have at Wally world. But, make sure you get "motorcycle" oil that will work with the wet clutch.

I run Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube in the rear end.

Just my :2cents:, and I'm sure I will here about it too, Scooter Bob

By the way, where's Trenton? I may be going around the top of Lake MI on the way to the International next Sunday/Monday.

Thanks Bob Trenton is what we call downriver located near I-75 and exit 32 West Rd exit.

Joe

any brand name 10w-30 or 10w-40 that does not say "energy conserving" in the API circle on the back of the bottle should be OK for the wet clutch even if it is not motorcycle specific. for the rear end I use Mobil 1 75w-90 gear lube, but any 75w or 80w gear oil should be fine.

I've been using Castrol 20/50 for 45 years and never had a oil related problem. Not a Motorcycle oil but it has no Friction Modifiers. Still less than 3 bucks a quart. Use what you feel good with. My wallet feels good with Castrol and it is easy to find.

I am firmly convinced it is not the high dollar oils that are needed for these things but use a good oil without friction modifiers and change it when you should.