IGNORED

Removing Front Rotor Cover

Needs a Trox T40 bit. Be sure to locktite them when you put them back together (called for in the shop manual).

You will need to have the bottom rotor off to fit the wheel holder, and I strongly recommend you remove the other one to just be extra safe while mounting the tire. Very easy, especially with a power wrench, and a WHOLE lot cheaper than a new rotor! :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Thank you for the replies.

Yes, they are Torx. My '99 has allen head screws but I some point, they went to the Torx screws. I ran into them when removing some rotors at maintenance day.

Yup, Torx. Why oh why did they add a new tool?

Needs a Trox T40 bit. Be sure to locktite them when you put them back together (called for in the shop manual).

You will need to have the bottom rotor off to fit the wheel holder, and I strongly recommend you remove the other one to just be extra safe while mounting the tire. Very easy, especially with a power wrench, and a WHOLE lot cheaper than a new rotor! :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I took off both rotors. I don't know why I have a T40, but I do.

I got this thing (below). It'll be OK for the occasional tire changing. Next time, I'll time it better so that I can make it to a maintenance day before I change my tires!

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/370x370/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_4201.jpg

Dave