IGNORED

Greased My Spline - Could It Be?

Evan

While changing my back tire at MD, I took the time to grease my drive shaft spline. Good thing as it was dry. Now when I stop, it seams like my 88VR slips into neutral from 1st gear more easily than it did before. Before I greased the spline, it seemed to be more "sticky" when shifting into neutral. So, is this just my imagination or could a dry spline cause "sticky" shifting into neutral.

Hey Evan,

It was a pleasure to meet you at MD this year, and I am glad we took the time to grease that final drive! With the drive shaft and final drive splines as dry as your's were, it could be possible that the drive train was bound up to the point that shifting to neutral was a bit harder than it was after lubing the final drive and drive shaft. What with that new tire, the rear end lubed, and that big grin on your face, I bet your ride home was a lot better than the ride there.

I'm glad you made it home safely,:thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey Evan,

It was a pleasure to meet you at MD this year, and I am glad we took the time to grease that final drive! With the drive shaft and final drive splines as dry as your's were, it could be possible that the drive train was bound up to the point that shifting to neutral was a bit harder than it was after lubing the final drive and drive shaft. What with that new tire, the rear end lubed, and that big grin on your face, I bet your ride home was a lot better than the ride there.

I'm glad you made it home safely,:thumbsup2:

Earl

Ya, it took him a few miles to get used to a real ride,,,,, but he did smile a lot,,,,,, I think 'mikey' likes it a lot!!!!!

Ya, it took him a few miles to get used to a real ride,,,,, but he did smile a lot,,,,,, I think 'mikey' likes it a lot!!!!!

Hey Evan,

I'm glad you made it home safely,

Earl

Carl is right - I did smile a bunch on our ride home! Also, I can now report to both of you that I have installed Earle's brake pads that Io got from him at MD and to my pleasant surprise, my front braking has gone from very poor to very good. So now, I smile even more when I stop and frown a bit when I go because I didn't buy a second set of pads for my other front caliper.