IGNORED

Carb saga seems to be over...

I did post this on the other thread. But wanted to give all a heads up...

Well, here I am. Finally able to breathe. Been working on these carbs for weeks. Got a spare set off Ebay. They were in good shape. I used the #3 & 4 bank w/new parts needed. Now my power is linear. Did 125 mile back road ONLY ride. Speeds of 45-70. My overall average was close to 55mph. So, I was using a lot of the pilot jet. Went and filled up at the end of the ride. I really tried to get in as much as I could in the tank by shaking the bike on the center stand...could only fit 2.9 gallons in. That's 43mpg in the hilly area I live in. Pretty damn good and close to what I always got for the past 20 years with this beast. NOW-Neither #3 nor 4 plugs are black. #3 is light brown spot on the tip and #4 is almost white, like 1 & 2. I have #3 pilot screw is 2 ccw turns out and #4 is 2.25 or so-ccw. Note: all settings using digital tach.

Prior to this latest carb work. I could not break 40mpg. Last remove / rebuild times, the float/fluid height was dead on and did not change. But still had it too rich somehow. NOW-Something just works better with these Ebay carbs. I know there is something I must have done wrong since the original carb rebuild a year ago. And #1 and 2 have never had an issue. As far as #3&4 problems, I am not entirely sure what the cause was or is on the originals. So my original set of 3 & 4 will just sit. I will be getting it EGA'd soon, to get this finished. I don't think #3 should be the only "brown" plug. But it's better than the black I had before. And the fuel mileage speaks for itself. Thanks for all the suggestions. Even if I haven't a clear idea why she was rich and what I did to fix it. Now if it skips/misfires at idle when hot. My profession being in electronics. I am not worried if it's an electrical issue, coils, or TCI. Because that's all that's left. Hope this is the last of this issue. I bet you hope the same... You must be tried of me by now.:draming: