IGNORED

New Tach Installed

I installed a new tach to the bike today and it works. Simple and easy installation. VERY simple..

Bike idles at 1,000 rpm and it's fun to watch it wind up into the 6,000 range when dropping the hammer.. I couldn't see where the rev limiter was kicking in as I was too busy watching the road ;) BTW, where DOES the rev limiter kick in and what's red line on this engine? Being old air force, I'd be putting VnE and VnR markers on the gauge hehe..

All I need now is to make a bracket that brings it up and twists forward to align it properly, or I might just leave it as is since I would be using it for reference only anyway..

Thats about the right size too. :happy34: May need some info on it. Cost, where you find it etc:

I got mine from hellrisercustoms.com SKU DS244133 $65 You could probably find it in so many other places as well.

Installation is simple, find a spot on your bars to mount it with the included bracket and clamp, green wire to the coil, ground to a suitable grounding point. The red and blue are power for the tach and lighting so you solder those together onto a longer lead wire and hook that to an existing power source etc.. and voila.. You'll have to take your tank off and side neck cover to make it a neater installation..

Cheers