IGNORED

Chief Grey Cloud & Princess Pity Me

dunvilsteev

Peaks and Valleys …..

We got new windows installed (living room bay ---beauty, kitchen and dining room and one in the laundry room) and front and back doors. Happy has hell with the results, finished Tuesday at 4pm. Look great!! PEAK!!

The guy doing the front door shows me a small sinkhole in the front porch… I’m like WTF, upon discovery it is the water main leaking upon entry to the Chateau. Have to rip up the porch and lawn to replace 40 yr old line. Seems like every second house has this problem lately. Get about a $G quote from local guy, IF I do the repair to the porch, He’ll pack the gravel and screening and thinks he can come under the retaining wall. So he digs, replaces line and repacks for a grand!! VALLEY!!!

I figure screw this…. Insurance! I can hear the water running under there plain as day, what is it doing? … in case there is more damage. First we start out with “sorry sir not covered BS” but I talk to supervisor and quote section & paragraph of policy (35a)…. They send out contractor. They WILL cover excavating and refill, porch repair but NOT pipe replacement. Of course minus my $400 deductible. Contractor guy was from Paris, had a little chat about motorcycles and Paris cafes (we’re buds) then he tells me he is going to send them in a quote of about …. Hold on …. $4000 - $5000. So if I can get the local guy to make up a estimate of what he would charge for doing the porch repair too, send that in and hopefully I at least get my $$ back from these criminals …. Not covered ????…. Hello, sinkhole here!! Cant quite call it a PEAK …. But we are looking uphill!!

Did you feel this earthquake? I was siting on the front porch and didn’t feel a thing!! Thank god I called the Ins company in the morning …. Ya just know those parasites woulda claimed “earthquake damage not covered”.

Yesterday had the big digger here ripping up the palatial lawns, got the new line in and repacked the lawn and porch was filled with screening and then power tamped. They left by 2:30, spent until supper but managed to get the part of the porch they had dug up and the walkway repaired. So back to PEAK!!! Gonna get the estimate from the guy same time I get the bill on Monday, he knows the situation with the insurance co., so here’s hoping he makes it a juicy one!!

Here’s a few pics of the window work and then the trench destruction.

Chief Grey Cloud and Princess Pity Me …