IGNORED

Just wondering why

Whistler

After all the time that the venture has been on the road why hasn,t any one come up with a harness for trailer plug in before now.... I looked behind the seat and there isn,t much room to hook up new wires and the tail light has wires all over..there got to be something out there Whistler:bang head:

I bought the Electrical Connections kit. Their web site does not list the Venture specific harness, but when you talk to them they know what you need (they did not respond to an email I sent). Kit came with one harness that has the relay, one harness that converts the 5 wire to a 4 wire format (optional depending on what format you tow), and the Venture specific harness. Total cost was about $115 shipped. Does not include the vehicle side 4 wire plug harness which I got at Auto Zone for about $4. Stowing the relay harness and Venture specific harness was a challenge. I stuffed the relay harness on the left behind the battery box and I stuffed the Venture specific harness in front of the battery box after removing the left side cover. I routed the 5 trailer wires through the rubber plug on the plastic seat shield then under the rear seat where I spliced in the vehicle side 4 wire Auto Zone connector, then over the CB radio box and down under the license plate to dangle by the tail light. Took me a few hours to install as I was trying to be creative and hide the wires as much as possible. Had to remove the battery and battery box to get everything routed and stuffed out of the way.

Also bought the Rivco cooler rack with golf club frame (about $250). Mounted a light bar I won at last year's MD on the cooler rack and attached a 4 wire plug to get running and brake lights on the back of the rack.

I'm happy with it.

David

I have had the Hoppy powered hook up on my 99 since 2004. Wiring it in behind the battery was a bit tight but once its in place its fine. I have it running along the top of the rear fender, under the trunk and tied under the rear trunk mount, out of sight. One big plus, since my taillight wiring area is full to capacity, is the ability to splice into the Hoppy's wiring harness under the trunk to power my added rear lights.