IGNORED

Has Anybody Tried This?

Orrin

I am in the process of ordering parts to repair my 2005 R S T D. I am looking at switching saddlebags. I want to replace the O E M hard bags with the leather covered Royal Star tour classic saddlebags

part # STR-4NL73-02-00 These fit the 97-2001 Royal Stars and current Road Stars. I can make some modifications if necessary, but am not as handy as some of you. I thought they might make my bike look a little different. Anyone having experience with these bags please jump in. Thanks in advance.

Those bags are really wide with plenty of capacity. With the right factory brackets, those bags would fit on your bike. The thing is that those were designed to fit the four muffer models, like mine. To put them on a two muffler model would leave a huge gap between the bags and your current mufflers where the top mufflers would be.

Guest KitCarson
Now I am learning something.
Hi ya! Orrin:

Just stopped to say Hi.....Even going to behave today! Hey you would have to measure the length of the bags.......compare them to the factory brackets, I really do not think you should mess with the factory brackets......at the moment you can do a few things such as service the rear drive.....yamaha did think about that......But hey if they are long enough you could make a tear spacer(a large leather washer to put where the bolt goes) and use a fender washer on top of that......re drill the bags to fit factory.......and make a little leather flap with fringes to fill the bottom space....could even make it .well see I am about to get in trouble again. ...Kit