IGNORED

in need of carb help

Does anyone know where I can buy a complete rebuilt kit worth the money?

Do they even make a complete rebuilt kit? By complete I mean one that has everything for the internal instead of having to buy jets and other things seperate.

Or does anyone have a set of carbs that are ready to go on for sale?

excuse my ignorance on this carb stuff but I gotta learn eventually to do things myself because the shops are just getting higher in price.

I remember asking same question-complete kit. Answer=NO. I got out parts diagram and ordered all gaskets and rubber orings, figured if not already damaged, would be damaged upon disassembly. Planned on any other parts found needing replacement would be ordered as needed. Forget excactly, think this alone was about $80

Soaked all parts in can of carb cleaner, gallon kind comes with little parts basket. Also wents thru 3 large cans of spray carb cleaner-making sure every jet and passage was clear-Wear eye protection-spray will come out in unexpected directions. Also used little brass wire brush (rifle cleaning type) to get off some stuck on gaskets renments.

:080402gudl_prv:

I guess the jets is what I worry about the most, well the sliders too... i am seeing 84 bux apiece for the slicers and 46 bux apiece for the jets.... sh)*)&(&*(**(^*(&6ttt...

I am gonna go ahead and try taking it off and starting soaking adn go from there,,,, it is doing me no good the way it is now sooo gotta start somewhere...

I thought if I could buy a set already good and ready to go on I would do that for now as I tore these down adn redid them.