IGNORED

Consensus

Yammy

Were heading out tomorrow morning and I was wondering if I could get a consensus on a thought.

I went out and bought 4 magnetic key holders and a souvenir to put in them. On our trip if we find a scenic view or a nice picnic area etc…we will hide the key holder on something metal and later post the coordinates on this site for someone from this group to find. They in turn, could take the souvenir, replace it with some other keepsake and put it back to be found again.

The coordinates would only be on this site so it would probably be found by one of us. I will try to make it hard to find. The coordinates should get you within 10 feet or so. Metal and magnetic should make it easier to find but you might have to look under or behind, so it won’t be in plain view.

There is the possibility someone finding it by accident but we could put a note in the case, asking them to please replace it, taking and replacing the keepsake if they wish. I think most would? Members could report a "no find", so others could skip the search at that spot.

What do you think? Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Sorry if this is already being done. I don’t want to step on anyone’s toes or steal someone else’s thunder.

Guest tx2sturgis

I'd say its exactly geocaching...but I like the twist on it...being thats its for VR members...that's kinda cool.