IGNORED

Plexus Cleaner - Holy Cow!

petekadish

I'm still interested in finding out what the wholesale price on a 13oz can is. If it's my dealer deciding to mark-up the price so high and so quickly, then that would be a little more understandable. But, after reading the reply from the Plexus people, it sounds like they are pretty confidant and proud of their product - which is fine. But, it looks like they might just price themselves right out of the motorcycle detailing market. I mean, besides motorcycle aviation crowds, I have never heard of Plexus being used by mainstream consumers. But, what do I know. I like their product a lot, I just can't afford what most retailers are asking for it these days.

I do have and use a couple different bottles of Novus. That's good stuff too!

Oh, and yes! Yellow jackets especially like lemon pledge. I don't mind the odd honey bee buzzing around me once in a while. But, yellow jackets will chase you and your shiny, lemony-fresh bike down the road. That's why I'll only use the unscented Pledge.

In other words, we will charge whatever the market will bear!

Are you sure it is Plexus that is raising the price? I posted a link on here that showed J. C. Whitney selling it for $10.21 plus shipping. There is also a post stating a dealer was asking $32 for it, sounds to me like the dealers are the ones raising prices.

Reply from president of Plexus - Re Pricing

Plexusdirect.com current price 13oz. $16.95 previous price 13oz. $13.95 stood for several years.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Keith

I am the only person I know about who has experienced bees, wasps and yellow-jackets being attracted to my bike when I have used the lemon-scented Pledge. However, I assume that many others never really made the connection when the bees came around.

One guy told me a few years ago, that it was all of the insects all over the front of my bike that attracted the bees. Of course, he doesn't know that my ride is typically insect free unless I'm out on a trip. And, I had continuing issues with the bees even with a totally clean and polished bike. But ..., maybe it's just me because I'm so sweet. That's what my wife says.

Tina has a riding jacket that is bright yellow with black sleeve patches and black panels on the front and back. Sometimes when we stop the bees will buzz her. Me being right beside her and they never even check me out, they love her yellow jacket