IGNORED

Americade

Badhardtail

Hi everyone,

I just got back from Americade! I've never seen so many Ventures in one place, I know that I must've seen at least twenty differant ones by Wednesday morning. I have a couple of questions about some items that I saw on some of them. There was a cream colored two tone that had MM Edition on its tank and tour pak, what does that mean? This bike also had a set of cool wind deflectors mounted to the high way bars(crashbars), I saw an 07 with the same set up. The 07 had wrap around lights around the saddle bags like an older Gold Wing or Harley might have. I think the 07 had every available add on you could get on his bike(it was parked down by the demo area on Tuesday night). I saw a few other bikes with these lights also, anything to help with being seen is good. Only got to talk with one other owner and he had the Black and Cherry edition, he had Bub Exhausts on it and it sounded good. I think my wife was getting a little annoyed at me for pointing out the Ventures as they drove by or were parked in the parking spaces on main street. I think she felt as if she was in a VW commercial.

One thing that did bother me while I was downtown was the loud pipes!! I can see why a lot of the towns people get up in arms about the noise. Some of the guys would come off the red light heading up hill just like a quarter mile. If you were walking in that area you couldn't hear the person next to you. There was no police presence in that area checking pipes,maybe by the end of the week there will be. I sound kinda like an old fart don't I!!!!

Joshua

Hi everyone,

I just got back from Americade! I've never seen so many Ventures in one place, I know that I must've seen at least twenty differant ones by Wednesday morning. I have a couple of questions about some items that I saw on some of them. There was a cream colored two tone that had MM Edition on its tank and tour pak, what does that mean? This bike also had a set of cool wind deflectors mounted to the high way bars(crashbars), I saw an 07 with the same set up. The 07 had wrap around lights around the saddle bags like an older Gold Wing or Harley might have. I think the 07 had every available add on you could get on his bike(it was parked down by the demo area on Tuesday night). I saw a few other bikes with these lights also, anything to help with being seen is good. Only got to talk with one other owner and he had the Black and Cherry edition, he had Bub Exhausts on it and it sounded good. I think my wife was getting a little annoyed at me for pointing out the Ventures as they drove by or were parked in the parking spaces on main street. I think she felt as if she was in a VW commercial.

One thing that did bother me while I was downtown was the loud pipes!! I can see why a lot of the towns people get up in arms about the noise. Some of the guys would come off the red light heading up hill just like a quarter mile. If you were walking in that area you couldn't hear the person next to you. There was no police presence in that area checking pipes,maybe by the end of the week there will be. I sound kinda like an old fart don't I!!!!

Joshua

My brother-n-law, YamaQman, and I were at Americade from Sunday to Saturday and just returned home the day before yesterday. We rode there with a bunch of Goldwingers. He rides a 2001 RSV (2 tone green) and I ride a MM Edition, also referred to as the Millenium Limited Edition of the RSV. It was one of the models offered by Yamaha in 2000 (hence the roman numeral MM). There were supposedly 1500 of them made, of which 1000 were shipped to the U.S. Each one was supposed to have a badge on the touring trunk indicating the production number of that unit. Mine is #538, but it wasn't mine you saw...I don't have the lower wind deflectors. :( I did see several other MMs at Americade.

I am sorry we did not get a chance to meet you although we did catch up with a couple of other members (Scooter Bob & Jonesy) at the Expo and another one (The Joker) in the parking lot at the registration site.

I believe its Diamond R that makes the saddlebag rail lights for the RSV, but I made my own with LED lights attached to acrylic inserts. Here is a link to the thread detailing how they were made:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23418

I agree that you and your scoot can never be too visible.

We had a great time at Americade even though our trips there and back were mostly through rain. Maybe we'll catch you there next year.

Jerry

Edited by jarrejx
Corrected MM Badge #

Sorry I didn't meet up with any of you guys. I road through the Canoe Island motel but didn't figuring if you guys were around you would see my bike but no one was around. Looked for Scooterbob in the campground and didn't see him either. Oh well maybe next year. Saw a ton of Ventures there. Also saw a Royal Star that was all decked out with nitrous and everything you could imagine. Will post a picture later.

I too saw and talked to a few venture riders and site members or vistors. bad with names so I can't say who they were but all were very open and nice to talk to. got quite a few good comments on my trike and that made me feel good. I thought yamaha made a good showing as a whole, every year is getting better. later