IGNORED

the bike

oldgoat

well i went to check the shop thats doing the brakes and what ever else he can perform in the 600.00 range dianne gave them permission to do.

i was told i was doing nothing wrong with working on the brakes.

but my brake system is now laying on the bench. front calipers rear calipers. front master. and rear master. front rubber hoses as well as the one i got from dingy for the rear. tires are off and all rotors have been pulled. reason why the man said hes going to start from scratch? clean up the rotors? work on the calipers. looking for steel or at least new rubber hoses? i asked if he could wait and i could get a delink kit for the brakes. he stated for insurance reasons he wouldnt want to take on that risk? he said good idea but he must follow shop rules? i asked how far on cost are we in it?

he said tear down and inspection. are a freebie to dianne?

he owes her a favor?

then said to redo with rubber lines and clean up and check operation of pistons in the calipers then reassembly bleed and test run cost around $300. range maybe $400. with steel lines. then said another $60 and he would try a carb sync? that includes 4 new plugs. and a free compression check? then said latter this fall or winter get them progressive spring and do the front end. will charge $50 and a case of beer for that because he will do it at end of ridding season. im now painting a huge garage door. dog sitting two wonderfull beagle dogs use to be a cat around here to?? but i think buckey one of the dogs ate it??i have to watch him hes fast and loves rabbits? the female one sadeyes is her name just acts like a female. just bring me my food water my toys take me outside then after that i dont know you:big-grin-emoticon:

Those prices are a steal to say the least!!! Heck, I paid around $300 just for the steel lines and had to put them in myself! I strongly advise tyhem as it makes a huge difference on how the brakes feel, and if you ever upgrade to MK2 brakes the lines should still work out...