IGNORED

What is that screw???

Yammer Dan

Screws that hold TCI in place. I used #2 Phillips this morning and it slipped on first try and I quit right there. Don't remember having any trouble with them before. Do the take a special Hong Kong bit?? Tip on valve covers. Do them when you have reason to remove Air box and battery box.

Another question. How many put heat sheilds back?? I left them out most times I got in there.

Dan,

The screws in mine were rusted so bad I had to pull the coil mounting bracket out and take a hand impact to the screws. I don't know the bit size but it was one I had in a bit set that was bigger than a #3 with a blunt end. Any thing with a pointed end just did not bite. Maybe a good soak with a rust buster and a blunt tip bit you can work them out.

Changed the screws to allen heads while I was at it with a coat of anti seize to. I can change the unit now with an allen key.

The heat shields were in a box when I got mine to. Ran two years without them. After I did my valve covers I decided to put them back on. With doing that and adding the chrome sidecover block offs it made a huge difference in the heat off the engine. The seat stay cooler and the legs don't feel it as much.