IGNORED

Kickstand help

1rooster

It's probably stuck in the up position. You could try turning the scoot upside down but it won't help much I guess.

That's about as much help as I can be I suppose.

When was the last time it was down?

Take the bolt out and see if will free up that way.

I will assume the bike is then held up by another means. wood blocks or center stand maybe. anywho, i agree with the post that the side stand is crudded up shut. this type of thing caused my shifter to not return down after toeing up to 3rd and messed the whole she-bang up. I live on a gravel road and that bit by bit of dust making its way into the grease and joint took over over one day.

a good cleaning should do it. you just may find some rusting in place to boot. once you have it clean and moving, make it an annual or semi annual job of cleaning it out since you will probably continue your current way of standing the bike up. we are creatures of habit.

after reading you use whatever to lean you bike on, you can let the bike lay on the right side and make working on the side stand easy. put down some carpet squares before the lay over. lay it over in reverse of picking it up if it were down.