IGNORED

what color speaker wire goes where ?

Color01

Does anyone has the Speaker Wiring Diagram from the 2e gen Venture ... I replaced my speakers a few weeks a go for the Polk Speakers.and I'm not happy of sound quality from the Bass.

Now I'm wondering, do I have the right color wires in the right place. What color wires goes where?

Sorry I can't help with wire colors, but I'd like to point out that the Polks handle more power so you'll need to add some kind of booster amp to get the best results from the change. There's a thread here about a nice little amp that should do the job. I still haven't gotten to it, but it's still on the list.

Does anyone has the Speaker Wiring Diagram from the 2e gen Venture ... I replaced my speakers a few weeks a go for the Polk Speakers.and I'm not happy of sound quality from the Bass.

Now I'm wondering, do I have the right color wires in the right place. What color wires goes where?

Below is a link that shows the speaker wire colors.

Audio wiring is in center of schematic.

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20B.pdf

Gary

I added a couple of speaker baffles....seems to have helped with the bass.....considering you aren't gonna get much from that size of speaker anyway.

Keith

I think the Original Clarions sounded much better.

I think the Original Clarions sounded much better.

Of course they did. They were matched to the audio output of the amplifier.

You've added speakers that can handle much more power but do not move as easily. Until you add a booster amplifier you're not going to realize the benefit of the more powerful speakers. This happens throughout audio.

Imagine you buy a $250 Realistic system from Radio Shack, then when you have some bucks you add on a set of $5000 speakers. You're disappointed. They sound like crap. Why? Because the guy who suggested you buy 'em has his hooked up to a Phase Linear pre-amp and a Carver cube that can drive the bigger speakers. His sounds sweet, even though the hardware is getting a bit dated.

You need a booster amp like the one I mentioned in my previous post. It's not big, in terms of physical size, output, or price. Still, without it, or something like it, you've wasted your money on the speakers. Click on that link and ask 920Shrek1 how his turned out.

The baffles KeithR mentioned are a very good idea too.