I need to order a RAM mount for my GPS. Looking at the mounting options has me confused what will fit on an 89 1st Gen. There doesn't seem to be much room between the actual round bars and the reservoirs. Any examples or pictures of what has been done or works? The reservoir mounts

I don't have a picture (HOLD IT, I DO have a picture in the Scavenger hunt...go here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39360&d=1261004048

I used a ram mount on my '86 VR on the left handledbar right aT the curve. It fits with the supplied plastic spacer and I mounted the ball facing towards me with the ram mount for my Garmin GPS going up, it puts the GPS close so my bifocals work well and pushing the buttons is easier.

Below are some pictures of a mount I made for a Magellan unit.

I brazed another nut to the existing handlebar nut while a bolt was threaded through both.

I can remove mount when not using.

I put heavy duty velcro on front of mount & back of GPS unit so it can be removed from mount.

Gary

Saw this too late, but replying for the next guy.

I got the RAM mount that threads into a 10mm mirror hole. Threaded it in in place of the bolt that holds the radio controller on the clutch lever perch.

Saw this too late, but replying for the next guy.

I got the RAM mount that threads into a 10mm mirror hole. Threaded it in in place of the bolt that holds the radio controller on the clutch lever perch.

dope (in Homer Simpson voice)!!! Oh well, I'm an impulse buyer!