IGNORED

Mirrors 1st gen versus 2nd gen

SilvrT

There are a number of bikes including the 1st gen that have the mirrors mounted to the fairing which is frame mounted. Many other bikes including the 2nd gen have handlebar mounted mirrors. One thing I really like about frame mounted fairings with fairing mounted mirrors is that regardless of the direction of the front wheel, the mirrors are always showing what's directly behind. Having ridden such style of bike for a long time now, I'm wondering how easy/difficult it will be to get used to the handlebar mounted mirrors again. While there are pros and cons for both mirror styles, I feel I'd have less visibility with the handlebar mounted mirrors and since they are positioned more to the side of you than the fairing mounted ones, it causes your eyes to look further away from the center in order to see what's behind thus in effect, taking your eyes "off the road ahead" more.

Anyone have thoughts/opinions about this?

There are a number of bikes including the 1st gen that have the mirrors mounted to the fairing which is frame mounted. Many other bikes including the 2nd gen have handlebar mounted mirrors. One thing I really like about frame mounted fairings with fairing mounted mirrors is that regardless of the direction of the front wheel, the mirrors are always showing what's directly behind. Having ridden such style of bike for a long time now, I'm wondering how easy/difficult it will be to get used to the handlebar mounted mirrors again. While there are pros and cons for both mirror styles, I feel I'd have less visibility with the handlebar mounted mirrors and since they are positioned more to the side of you than the fairing mounted ones, it causes your eyes to look further away from the center in order to see what's behind thus in effect, taking your eyes "off the road ahead" more.

Anyone have thoughts/opinions about this?

You could possibly, put a set of handlebar mirrors on, for a test to see. The mk2 1st gens might still have the provisions to mount them, at the master cylinders.