IGNORED

Put me on the list for bird killer

Mikealiasmike

I've hunted for many years, not so much lately, but have never gotten a partridge to put on my dinner table. Went to a bike rally in Soldier, Iowa over the weekend. Didn't want to camp this time so rented a motel room about 20 miles out. Was heading back from dropping some things off and there in the road is a partridge starting to cross from left to right. I try to slow down but bird had other ideas. Got up just as I was about to pass and poof, feathers are flying, material (being nice here is all over my boot) Bird hit my highway peg on left side. I say a few choice words thinking there goes the front shroud. Well, all said and done, other then my boots needing a cleaning bird broke nothing, made a mess and Mrs didn't even see a thing on back. Never knew those birds were that dang big. No I don't have pictures but if you want, feel free to head out to Soldier, Iowa and look for some feathers along with another mess that could be described as human made. God Bless and Ride safe. Mike

I've hunted for many years, not so much lately, but have never gotten a partridge to put on my dinner table. Went to a bike rally in Soldier, Iowa over the weekend. Didn't want to camp this time so rented a motel room about 20 miles out. Was heading back from dropping some things off and there in the road is a partridge starting to cross from left to right. I try to slow down but bird had other ideas. Got up just as I was about to pass and poof, feathers are flying, material (being nice here is all over my boot) Bird hit my highway peg on left side. I say a few choice words thinking there goes the front shroud. Well, all said and done, other then my boots needing a cleaning bird broke nothing, made a mess and Mrs didn't even see a thing on back. Never knew those birds were that dang big. No I don't have pictures but if you want, feel free to head out to Soldier, Iowa and look for some feathers along with another mess that could be described as human made. God Bless and Ride safe. Mike

Yeah, all the time I lived in Iowa, never got a partridge, smart birds usually. Next time try something bigger, like a pheasant. :whistling:

Well dog-gone-it!!

If I had known there was a rally in Soldier, we would have been there! We accidently caught one a couple of years ago. But missed last year's.

We had plans on Saturday, so we would have missed that day, but the other two we could have gone.

Soldier is one of our regular destination rides if we want a short day long ride. We especially like one of the back highways up called L16 out of Morehead.

Maybe we will be able to catch next year's.

craigr

Yeah, all the time I lived in Iowa, never got a partridge, smart birds usually. Next time try something bigger, like a pheasant. :whistling:

Something bigger? This thing WAS as big as a pheasant. Wasn't a hen pheasant either. But I might add, it wasn't as bad as the guy who took out a turkey. Now that would have been a sight.

I nailed a pheasant 3 years ago on a previous scoot....busted the windshield and headlight.....lucky it happened during daylight hours!

Boomer.....who sez running over a pygmie will bring new words to your vocabulary too.:crying:

Birds? heres one for you:

My buddy was a no-show for a ride, so I called and his wife said he had left and she seemed concerned so we waited for him. Well, he showed up, but what a sight he was. A turkey vulture was dining on a coon at the side of the road, my buddy sees it and honks his horn but the bird HAD to grab one more bite. As it goes to take off a truck blast by in the other lane scaring the bird back into my buddies lane. Luckily it cleared the windshield and missed my buddy, unluckily it was so freaked out it s**t in mid air, which landed squarely in his face and chest. yeeeeech!

Sounds like you really lucked out bud!! I took one to the chest a few years ago (on my GS750 at the time - no windshield) - almost knocked me clean off and boy was I bruised. Then last summer, the first ride I was out on with a brand new windshield - I got another one, right in the shield. Unfortunately I needed to replace the shield, but boy I'm glad it didn't get me... I was doing about 70 at the time, it probably would have killed me.

I know what you mean Russ, If I'd had a way of cooking that bad boy I would've. Firm believer in PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS. :rotfl::big-grin-emoticon:

Collect a few on your way up to the Pork in the Pines and I'll show you how to cook them on your engine while riding.....

Lets hear it for PETA....

:mytruck: