IGNORED

Vibration when pulling trailer

midnite

Pulled trailer for first long distance the other day. Noticed at about 65-70 mph had a vibration in bike. Gone through bearings, it is a HF trailer.Not real sure if it ain't in the engine, seemed to do it worse when pulling a grade. What do ya'll think problem might be. Had about 25# tongue wieght.:confused24:

Tongue weight is good. If you don't have a vibration without the tailer, then I'd say one your trailer tires is out of balance. I get this same problem with bumper trailer behind a pickup. Once the trailer is loaded it's not as noticeable.

If you think it's the bike, I would start by checking the carb sync then check your spark plugs.

What gear ? If you were in fifth I would suspect that is the problem. Too low of engine RPM. Drop it down to 4th or 3rd and see if it is still there ?

If it is l would look at the tires, or trailer bearings

Brad

Think I found problems. Bearings were too tight, tire pressures were off, and the biggest problem was rear shock had leaked air down to about 5 #:doh::buttkick:. Greased and reset bearings, adjusted tire pressures, and aired up rear shock to about 40#, rides pretty smooth now.:thumbsup2:

Think I found problems. Bearings were too tight, tire pressures were off, and the biggest problem was rear shock had leaked air down to about 5 #:doh::buttkick:. Greased and reset bearings, adjusted tire pressures, and aired up rear shock to about 40#, rides pretty smooth now.:thumbsup2:

Thanks for posting the solution. As more of us start towing trailers, this will add to our collective body of knowledge!

Dave