IGNORED

Fathers

kenw

I lost mine a couple years ago at the age of 92 and I tell you it never gets easier and he is right I never said goodbye even though I was by his side when he passed away and I will never say goodbye. Sorry for your loss man, I know how you are feeling. Just know he is in a better place.

Sometimes I wished I was that close to my dad,,, but dad was always busy making a living for the family and doing things for our faith life,,,church and school.

Glad you had a good time with your dad, but he wouldn't want you to keep moping about him,,, he would want you to carry on where he left off,,,, so when the time comes, get back on your feet and be the man he was hoping you would be.

I lost my dad in September and I play "his" song and it gives me comfort... This was one of his favorites and he asked for it to be played at his service...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSI0ZStEnfw&feature=related]YouTube- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole'- Somewhere over the rainbow lyrics[/ame]

Edited by MAINEAC

Thanks for both of those videos. I had the "Father" song by Chet Atkins on a tape somewhere and have not heard it in years. My son gave me a CD the other day with 50 Chet Atkins songs on it and I was hopeing that would be on it, but it wasn't. My last name is Atkins and my dad and I both were big Chet Atkins fans. My dad died in 2000 and I sure miss him.

RandyA

Thanks for sharing. Lost my Dad back in 1994. The pain is gone now but not the missing him. The older I get the more I realize what he gave to raise the family and serve our country (WWII). I can only hope, someday my kids may hold me in as high regard as I do him.

Sorry for your loss Ken.

I soon will be experiencing the same for my dad is on his last leg and has been for about three years now..Emphysema has eaten all but a very small portion of his lungs and he is suffocating daily..

Many songs out there bring back memories of my life experiences too. I guess that is why some touch me and some don't..

Hope you find comfort soon.:thumbsup2:

Eck